Today, I bought this book (for my sister, lets clarify that now ‘cause the only way I’m going anywhere near sperm is if I fall into a vat of it):
OF THE BRILLIANT:
STUFF IT HAS IN IT:
Beauty and the Beast
Conversation at work
- Bloke: Women here are pretty much equal to men. They get to do everything men do.
- Me: Yes, while I admit we do have it better than women in other parts of the world, we are not equal. Men don't walk down the street with the threat of assault at all times. Men don't get harassed verbally and physically. Men aren't insulted just because they happen to be men.
- Bloke: Ha. Like that happens to women.
- Me: ...I have been groped by strangers more than once.
- Bloke: Yeah, but I bet it was in a nightclub or something.
- Me: ...
- Me: No. It was in the street. And at work. And even if it was in a nightclub, what the hell makes you think that gives ANYONE consent to touch me without my permission?
- Bloke: But I bet it wasn't recently either.
- Me: Actually yes. Yes, it was. And again I say WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHERE OR WHEN? Someone sexually assaulted me. It doesn't matter when the hell it was or where the hell it was or if it was someone I knew. What matters is that he - and clearly you - believe there is a circumstance under which you think a woman's body can be violated by you.
- Bloke: But I wouldn't...
- Me: Perhaps you wouldn't act on it, but you're the reason women are afraid to go out alone at night. You're the reason women travel in packs. Not just the sexual predators, but the people who stand by and go "well, clearly they did something to earn that". You're the reason we feel we can't complain about it because we'll be laughed at for being silly or petty. You may not do it physically, but you're doing it mentally and verbally every day when you talk like that.
- Bloke: But...
- Me: No. You're shutting up now, k, because anything you say will give me just cause to smack you in the mouth and say you asked for it.
I Am The Bad Wolf - Digital Painting"I create myself. I take the words, I scatter them, in time and space. A message to lead myself here."
requested by rosaperditus.
- me at the zoo: where are the dragons
On July 20, 1969, with 600 million people watching on TV, an American crew landed on the Moon—the first people ever to walk on another world. The Apollo 11 mission had three crew members: Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins, who piloted the craft that would return them to Earth, while the others became the first two men ever to walk its surface.
Sappy cutenessfluff makes me happy.
Yeah the drums they swing low, and the trumpets they go…
"I’ll get you next time, Spider-Man!"
(*inserts another quarter into the machine*)
this is why the world is beautiful, maybe its just me but i find this cool as fuck
"Your kid says hi." -The sun
Rumplestiltskin - Into the Deep
Page 1 of 1540